Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing hair highlights, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Welcome back.…In this movie, we're going to work on some of the highlights in the image.…What we're going to do that is by copying the retouched layer by clicking and dragging it to the New Layer icon…and then we'll name this new layer highlights or just high for highlights.…Next we'll select the Patch tool -- yes, the good old Patch tool, and then we're going to make a selection of this highlight here.…Make sure our Patch is on Source, so we can click and drag to a nice clean source, and then we want to hide those edges.…So we're going to press Command+H on a Mac, Ctrl+H on a PC and go to Edit, Fade Patch Selection.…
Now I can dial in how far I want this to go and I can just knock down that highlight, just a little bit, right about there.…I think that looks really nice, before and after, click OK.…Again, before and after, just a nice way to take that down.…Let's work on a couple of other highlight areas and we'll work on this one on the shoulder.…I'll select that by clicking and dragging around that and move to a new location.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.