Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing eyes, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, we're going to work on the Eyes just a little bit.…What I want to do with the eyes here is add a little bit of brightness and a little bit of color.…I want to bring in some color that perhaps gets a little bit closer to the color of the shirt here just…to connect those two colors, I think that will be kind of fun.…So, what we're going to do is zoom in on the face and then click on the Adjustment Layer icon and choose Curves…and then add a brightening curve, OK that looks pretty cool, click OK.…Next, click on the Adjustment Layer icon and choose Color Balance, here I'm going to add a little bit of cyan, some blue,…it's going to create a nice Blue that tries to match that shirt color.…
Click OK. Well now, these adjustments do not look good.…How can I make them look good?…We'll click on the top one and then hold on the Shift key and click on the bottom one.…Press Command+G on a Mac, Ctrl+G on a PC, name this Eyes and then hold down the Option key on the Mac, Alt key on the PC.…You remember the Option key is kind of that rebel shortcut, when you press it different things happen.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.