Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing eyelashes and eyebrows, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie we're going to continue to work on the eyes.…In particular, we're going to work on the eyelashes and the eyebrows.…Let's zoom into the face here, and we're going to zoom in quite a bit.…We'll click on our top most layer and then we'll click on the create a New Layer icon in the Layers pallet,…and we're going to name this layer, eye_lashes.…Take the Blend Mode to good old Soft Light.…Then select your Brush tool, zoom in even further on the eyes here, we want to take our brush size to one pixel,…really small brush, and I want it to be really soft.…
Next, I'm going to paint over the eyelashes here to add a little bit of intensity to these eyelashes.…Now, I want to try to follow the way the eyelashes actually flow,…so I zoomed way in here so I can follow the direction of the eyelashes.…That's really important.…Add a little bit more definition to these.…Alright, that looks good.…Do the same thing on the other eyelash.…The nice thing about enhancing the eyelashes this way is, if we make a mistake, we can always erase it.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.