Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing color and tone, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie I want to apply some Curves adjustments for our color and tone.…First thing I want to do is I want to darken this portion of the jacket down here.…So we are going to click on the adjustment layer icon and choose Curves and then we are going to bring…down our Y point a little bit there and then bring down our mid tone point and let's bring it down even further and click OK.…Next, we are going to invert that mask on a Mac, press Command I, on a PC press Ctrl I then select your Brush tool…and let's paint with 50% brightness nice big brush here.…
I am just looking to bring that down, press 8 on the keyboard.…Now I am at 80% brightness, I just want to darken that down a little bit, 9 on the keyboard, darken that down a little bit more…on the edges here and then zero, really want to bring it all in this portion here .…Look at my before and after just bringing that down okay so far so good and that looks nice in regards to the tone of the jacket.…Now let's work on the hair, click on the Adjustment Layer icon and choose Curves.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.