Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video Embedding video inside a Photoshop document, part of Photoshop CS5 for Video Editors.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now, I just want to explain something that might seem a little bit misleading …about Photoshop documents and video clips. …When you import or open a video clip and work on it and then save it, what you'll …get will be a Photoshop document. And it would be tempting to believe that …the video was embedded inside of that Photoshop document. …But actually, it's not so. In fact, the relationship between …Photoshop documents and your video clips is pretty much exactly the same as the …relationship between an original media file and the clip that you work with …inside of your editing system. It just works the same way, except I …suppose that a Photoshop document has so much more inside of it than the regular …metadata that you'd expect on a clip. Just to demonstrate this, I've opened up …my shot of my singer lying on the ground, and I've saved this as a Photoshop …document called embedding video.psd. And there it is working, and I can view …it, and I can drag through it, and there it is.…
Now if I close this, and Photoshop's going to ask you if I want to save changes. …
- Color modes, pixel shapes, and interlacing
- Working with prebuilt templates
- Understanding layers
- Using Smart Objects
- The alpha channel
- Working with video in Photoshop
- Using Photoshop documents in video editing applications
- Working with adjustment layers, text, and layer styles
- Color grading controls in Photoshop
- Using Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Introducing Adobe Photoshop
2. Color Modes, Pixel Shapes, and Interlacing
3. Working with Prebuilt Templates
4. Layers and Layer Groups
5. The Alpha Channel
6. Working with Video in Photoshop
7. Using Photoshop Documents in Video Editing Applications
8. Working with Adjustment Layers, Text, and Layer Styles
9. Color Grading Controls in Photoshop
10. Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Merging images5m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.