Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing still images, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop (2012).
Now, you've seen how helpful using Video Layers can be when it comes to actually…trying to create and edit in your Timeline.…And, just because we've been working with QuickTime files, doesn't necessarily…mean that we can't use the same techniques with still images.…Yes that's right, you can actually use still images in a video group.…So, to get started, let's add some still images to our Photoshop.…Let's go up under the File menu and choose Browse in Bridge.…
Navigate to your Exercise Files folder and in the Assets folder, go to the…Stills folder and here, you'll notice we have many different still images.…If you're Bridge doesn't look like this, make sure you're in the Essentials…Workspace and in the lower right corner, make sure you have this button enabled…to show the content as thumbnails.…Alright, now I've given you many different stills to choose from, …we're not going to use all of these at the specific time, but feel free to push…yourself and use multiple stills and go back and make adjustments to your heart's content.…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.