Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing the cover, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- [Narrator] Our advertisement is complete.…Let's now see if we an change the contents.…We'll double click the smart object…to open it in the new window.…We'll hide this panel.…And let's take the text and fill it with black.…We'll move it over to this side.…I think we'll make Elvis smaller,…put him up in that corner.…So, let's go into free transform…and make him smaller.…But, wait.…
We're gonna make him smaller now,…but we might want to make him larger, later.…So, rather than just using free transform,…let's make him into a smart object, first.…Because, you can, of course, nest smart objects…inside each other.…Now, we can shrink the size down,…safe in the knowledge we can always make it…bigger again, if we want to.…Let's go on to the text,…and we'll make this line bigger,…and nudge it down a little bit.…
Let's bring the whole thing down, and have the word sing…filling the whole of this orange panel…at the bottom.…And, we'll set that text in white.…There is our quickly redefined advertisement.…We'll save it.…And, let's take a look at the original.…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 52m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.