In this video, learn how to adjust a layer's opacity and how to make use of different Blend modes.
- We have quite a number of layers in our image file here, … and I have even edit one, containing this little bush. … And we will create even more layers now … by duplicating this bush. … So if we have an element on its own layer, … and you want to make a copy from it, … that is no problem, you can simply grab the layer … in the layers palette and drag it down … and release it on the Add New Layer button. … And if you do that, a copy of that layer will be created. … You now have two bushes here. … Each one on its own layer. … And this works also with multi-selections, … so if you use the shift key to select both layers here, … you can grab them and release them on the New Layer icon. … And now, we already have four bushes. … Now, if we want to arranges these bushes a little bit, … we can select them in the layer palette, … but we never quite know which one is which one, … and there's a much more handy alternative to that. … When the move tool is active, you have an option here, … the options palette says Auto-Select. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.