Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Duplicate and merge layers, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- I've added a few more details to our scenery…to show you some more possibilities…when we are working with layers…and especially I want to show you…how you can duplicate a layer.…So we have this little sheep here.…We can move it around and it looks…a little bit lonely doesn't it?…So what we can do is we can duplicate this sheep…by duplicating the layer it sits on.…
That's that one here, add the very top…and to duplicate the layer, I can just grab it,…drag it down onto the icon that we normally use…to create a new layer and when I release it here,…the layer is duplicated and I can now move it around…and now I have two sheep.…And I will just do this another time.…When we have a lot of layers with tiny contents in it,…it can be a little bit annoying to always select them…from the layer palette.…
There's a handy way to select different layers…directly on the canvas.…When you're using the move tool, hold the control key…and now you can click on a layer…and if you observe the layer palette, on the right,…you will see that I can select a specific layer…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.