This video explores the characteristics and usage of the Duotone color mode.
- Photoshop's duotone color mode…allows color tinting of an image…in one, two, three or four inks:…monotone, duotone, tritone or quadtone.…In Photoshop terms, the duotone color mode…is the collective name for them all.…Duotones are most useful if you're offset printing…a two or three color job.…To get to duotone, you first have to start…out in gray scale.…You can change the type right here,…monotone, tritone, quadtone.…I'll stick with the duotone.…
I'm going to use one of the many presets…that we have available.…If I want to affect the amount of ink,…I can click on the colors curve.…I can add more ink by dragging up…or I can also do it numerically.…So if I want to pull the curve up at the midpoint,…I'll come to what would be the 50% mark.…If we had a linear curve, let's say increase that to 60.…I'll click OK.…
By printing in more that one ink,…you can expand the tonal range beyond what's possible…when working with a gray-scale image.…Duotones, tritones and quadtones have only one channel.…So they're economical in terms of their file size.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.