In this video, learn how to use the Dual Brush option to create interesting masking effects on your brush strokes.
- [Instructor] One very interesting feature … of the Photoshop Brush settings … is the Dual Brush function. … In order to show how it works, … I've set up a simple Scattering Brush. … You can see it here. … Now this is a brush that uses a combination of size jitter … on a small round standard Photoshop brush tip … to make different sizes of speckles here. … And then under Scattering … we have a high Scattering value … and a Count value of two to multiply the number … of speckles that we get. … And I like the texture that this brush creates … but I don't like the fully edge of the brush stroke. … So can I do something about it? … Yes I can. … That's where the Dual Brush function kicks in. … If I activate it, you will immediately see here … in the brush stroke preview … that our brush stroke has changed. … Let's have a look into the Settings here. … So it automatically assigned this first brush tip here. … And what this effectively does is … the brush stroke that is created by this second …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.