Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Dual Brush, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- To show you what the Dual Brush option does,…I will first change my brush tip…to a more distinct shape.…So, this is our brushstroke with this leaf shape.…And we now turn on Dual Brush.…We can mask off portions of this brushstroke…with a second brushstroke.…So, for this second brushstroke, I now choose a brush tip,…and I will choose a simple round brush tip here,…and we can make a stroke.…
And what we see here is that our stroke…with a simple round brush tip masks…off the stroke with the leaf brush tip.…So, if we adjust the size a little bit,…we see more of the leaves,…and if we lower the size,…we will see very few of these leaves.…And on this second stroke, we can use different modifiers.…We've already used the Size.…We can also use the Spacing...…
which yields very interesting results.…We can even use Scatter and Count...…and this produces very chaotic results.…Just like with the Texture option,…you can use the Dual Brush option in different modes.…Linear Burn normally is a good choice.…Other modes just don't work…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.