Mike Rankin explains what you should know about drawing and painting in Photoshop for the ACA exam. He shows how to choose and modify brushes, and how to load legacy brushes. He also shows how to enhance artwork by drawing vector shapes and then adding fill colors or strokes.
- [Instructor] Photoshop isn't just for photographers. … Digital artists and others use it everyday to create … and enhance images with drawing and painting tools. … And in this movie, we'll look at what you should know … about drawing and painting in Photoshop for the ACA exam. … Here in our exercise file, … we have this image of a guy thinking about something. … And since his thought bubble on the chalkboard is empty, … we can fill it in with whatever we want … for him to think about. … But in order for it to be convincing, … we need to make it look like it was drawn with chalk. … Well, that's no problem when you use the brush tool. … So let's take the brush tool … and add a layer to contain whatever we want to draw. … That way, we have options … for blending it with the underlying layer, … and we can always change or remove it … without harming any pixels. … I'll double click the layer name … and we'll call it chalk thoughts. … And before you start using the brush tool, … you need to choose a brush and a color to paint with. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.