Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Distorting and blurring, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- [Instructor] Now that we've got all our elements into one…Smart Object layer, let's make it fit the page.…The first thing I'm going to do,…is make a Clipping Mask with the page.…So I'll go to Layer, and choose Create Clipping Mask.…And we could use the shortcut Option+Command+G on a Mac,…Alt+Control+G on a PC.…So now, this layer only shows up where it…overlaps that page layer underneath.…
Let's go into Free Transform.…And we'll scale it down.…And rotate it.…And I'm going to rotate it so that this right hand edge…matches the right hand edge in the magazine itself.…Let's make it a little bit bigger.…And that looks good.…Rather than distorting it by dragging each of the handles,…I'm going to flip into Image Work mode by pressing this…button on the options bar.…
Now we're able to grab each of these corners…and move them into position.…But of course Image Work mode has all of these extra…controller handles as well.…So let's adjust those.…I'm first of all, getting the edge of the advertisement…lined up with the edge of the magazine.…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 53m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.