Digital Painting: Street Scene
Learn to think like a painter and render images from photographs that look like they were created with oils or acrylics, using the latest digital artist's tools. Author and artist John Derry introduces the process of interpreting a photograph into a painted work of art. He begins by explaining his system of visual vocabularies, which describe how to replace the elements of an image with expressive painterly qualities, and also shares the custom brush sets and actions he uses to achieve these results in Photoshop. The course also covers working with filters, layers, effects, and more to add further detail and texture.
- Understanding that resolution is in the brush strokes
- Understanding the subject
- Removing lens distortions
- Using the traditional paint color swatch set
- Making shadow and highlight adjustments
- Simplifying details with filters and Smart Blur
- Cloning layers
- Using custom actions
- Working with canvas texture
- Creating physical surface texture effects
- Hi, I'm John Derry. Welcome to Digital Painting: Street Scene. In this title, I'm going to introduce you to the concept of dipping the paint brush into your photos, and transforming them into expressive, hand-painted works of art. I describe the vocabularies of photography and painting to teach you how to expressively interpret one into the other. I will share with you my brushes and techniques and teach you how to apply them to execute your own unique artistic vision. Using just one of my custom actions, cloning layers, your photo becomes wet oil paint that you can brush into with a wide variety of expressive paint brushes.
We will go through the process of preparing a photo for interpretation. Then we will use a special addition of my artists brushes, which are supplied with this title. Just a note, these brushes work in CS5 and later. If you've got a digital camera, from a phone camera to a DLSR, you can take your picture from digital image to digital masterpiece. Now, let's get started with Digital Painting: Street Scene.
Photoshop CS5: Painting with the Mixer Brush299,471 Views
Photoshop CS6 New Features: Brushes138,314 Views
Corel Painter 11: Mastering Brushes174,006 Views
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS567,904 Views
Photorealism with Bert Monroy: Volume 1547,788 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training624,655 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,787,756 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,428,752 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,294,268 Views