- View Offline
- Understanding that resolution is in the brush strokes
- Understanding the subject
- Removing lens distortions
- Using the traditional paint color swatch set
- Making shadow and highlight adjustments
- Simplifying details with filters and Smart Blur
- Cloning layers
- Using custom actions
- Working with canvas texture
- Creating physical surface texture effects
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm John Derry. Welcome to Digital Painting: Street Scene. In this title, I'm going to introduce you to the concept of dipping the paint brush into your photos, and transforming them into expressive, hand-painted works of art. I describe the vocabularies of photography and painting to teach you how to expressively interpret one into the other. I will share with you my brushes and techniques and teach you how to apply them to execute your own unique artistic vision. Using just one of my custom actions, cloning layers, your photo becomes wet oil paint that you can brush into with a wide variety of expressive paint brushes.
We will go through the process of preparing a photo for interpretation. Then we will use a special addition of my artists brushes, which are supplied with this title. Just a note, these brushes work in CS5 and later. If you've got a digital camera, from a phone camera to a DLSR, you can take your picture from digital image to digital masterpiece. Now, let's get started with Digital Painting: Street Scene.