- View Offline
- Setting up a Wacom tablet
- Removing lens distortions
- Correcting distracting image elements
- Making shadow and highlight adjustments
- Simplifying details with filters and Smart Blur
- Modifying color
- Cloning layers
- Using a traditional paint color swatch set
- Using custom actions
- Working with canvas texture
- Creating physical surface texture effects
- Painting with custom brushes
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm John Derry. Welcome to digital painting architecture. In this title I'll show you how you can utilize Photoshop to transform your photos into expressive hand-painted works of art. We'll examine the vocabularies of photography and painting and learn how to expressively interpret one into the other. We'll take an in depth look at my brushes and techniques now incorporated into CS six and teach you how to apply them to execute your own unique artistic vision.
In the first half of this title we will go through the process of preparing the photo for interpretation. In the second half we will utilize my tool preset brushes and expressively interpret our prepared photo into a painted result. If you've got a digital camera, from a phone camera to a DSLR, you can take your picture from digital image to digital master piece. Now, let's get started with digital painting architecture.