Digital Matte Painting Essentials 4: Texturing
A crucial step in building a realistic digital matte painting is texturing your scene. This course shows you how to add light, color, and texture to a basic form using photographic references and the tools in Adobe Photoshop. Author David Mattingly starts the lessons where Digital Matte Painting Essentials 3 left off—with a fully shaded 3D form—but you can also jump straight into this installment to learn more about texturing. Start now to learn how to add crenellations, color correct your form, distort and relight photographic textures, and add glows and special effects that make your painting convincing.
- Preparing your form study for texturing
- Adding dark and light side textures
- Making rounded textures with the Warp tool
- Creating photographic crenellations
- Using Levels and Curves for color correction
- Adding photographic elements
- Relighting details
- Adding glows, smoke, and flames
- [Voiceover] In this video tutorial, Texturing, the fourth of my five part series the Fundamentals of Digital Matte Painting, I'll show you how to texture your castle using photographic reference that you will distort, relight, and color correct. If you're doing the full Fundamentals of Digital Matte Painting series with me, you'll have completed a form study in the previous section and you should work over that. If you're just joining this section to learn more about color correction and using photographic textures to enhance your matte paintings, that's great too.
You can work over my form study if you like. We will first add a base texture to our castle, then color correct the base, then add photographic reference to our project that we will relight and color correct. Finally, we'll add glows and special effects to enhance our final project. So let's get started.
Digital Matte Painting Essentials 5: Camera Projection in Maya50,533 Views
Pro Tools 10 New Features30,240 Views
iWeb Essential Training99,921 Views
Final Cut Pro 6 Workflow181,497 Views
After Effects Apprentice 10: Time Games42,885 Views
Deke's Techniques1,563,467 Views
Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training620,239 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,629,103 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,293,357 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2015)2,057,667 Views