Digital Matte Painting Essentials 2: Perspective
An accurate perspective drawing is an essential base for most matte paintings. Learn how to create linear perspective drawings of a castle in Adobe Photoshop with this course, and migrate the lessons to your own project. David Mattingly, a matte artist for many groundbreaking motion pictures, teaches you about the three types of perspective, and how to set up vanishing points, find and rough in the forms in your painting, add detail like crenellations, draw ellipses, and polish the final drawing.
Note: This installment of Digital Matte Painting Essentials builds on the concept sketch from the first course, but it's not necessary to have those files to proceed.
- Understanding the three types of linear perspective
- Preparing your concept sketch for drawing
- Setting up vanishing points
- Finding the first boxes in perspective
- Roughing in the other rectilinear forms
- Creating a flat crenellation
- Plotting measuring points
- Drawing ellipses
- Adding repeating details to walls
- Delineating the background
- [Voiceover] In this video tutorial, I'll show you how to do a linear perspective drawing of a castle. If you are doing the full fundamentals of digital math painting series with me, you'll have completed a concept painting in the previous section and you should work over that. If you're just joining this section to learn more about perspective, that's great too. You can work over my concept sketch if you like. Doing a full perspective drawing may seem like a daunting task, but we'll take it step-by-step to show you those rules of linear perspective you really need to know.
Up and Running with the Foundry CameraTracker for After Effects27,447 Views
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Flat Vector Look using C4D and After Effects33,089 Views
Learning LiveType126,113 Views
Learning GarageBand107,615 Views
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imaging7,838 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,422 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,996 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,930 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,538 Views
Deke's Techniques1,563,467 Views