Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Detailing the lamp shade, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- So now here we are in Photoshop,…and there's the vectors we just brought…in from Illustrator in the last movie.…So we go over to our Path panel,…and there it is.…It's a Work Path.…So let's go ahead and call this Lamp.…Lamp shape.…So now each one of these shapes…is going to be filled in its own separate layer.…Even this little top opening…is going to be in a layer,…this shade's going to be a layer,…the body and the base.…
They're all gonna be in their…own individual layers.…Now looking at this, I'm gonna just kind of…grab this guy and move him over a little bit.…There we go.…It's a little better centered there.…Okay, so now I'm going to go over to our Layers,…and I'm going to create the first layer right here.…This is going to be the Shade.…I'm gonna grab this guy right here.…That's the vectors that make up the shade.…So I got this nice kind of a dark tone here.…Let's reverse it and get a lighter version…of the same color.…
So let's see in here, and let's go…let's say somewhere,…let's make it a little warmer.…There we go,…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.