Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Detailing the bottle cap, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- Now what we're gonna do is add the details to the cap.…But for one thing,…we've got the top of the polish,…I'm gonna go in there and add a little shadow to that.…So I'm gonna go in there and take my burn tool…and the cap is actually gonna be…casting a shadow.…So I'm gonna go in there and just…throw a little thing in there,…let's say the highlights,…and just go in there and add a little shadow…that's being caused by the cap.…Right in there like that.…I can do that to the top of the bottle as well.…Just add a little more darkness…cause that's the shadow being cast by the cap.…
Now the cap is gonna have some highlights.…So let's go open up this guy here,…and here's this side,…which I'm gonna go in,…we set the highlights,…and I'm just gonna throw a nice tone…right down the front here.…Right down the side there.…Just like that.…There we go.…And on the cap,…at the very top,…we might just throw a little,…kind of a tone.…Just back there like that.…Now there's a little detail…that these bottles have.…So I'm gonna go in here and create this.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.