Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Detailing the body of the lamp, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So now we're going to create the body for our lamp.…Now the lampshades in front of the body, it's on top of it.…So we're going to have to create it down here.…So I'm going to create a new layer,…right here above the background.…Okay, now if your gonna have a lot of layers,…I strongly suggest that you kind of organize things…to make it easy on yourself.…So the shade is one item made up of three different layers.…So what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna grab…all three of these guys, all three…and come over here and say New Group from Layers,…and I'm gonna call it the shade.…
And see, put them into a little group there,…so that way their out of the way, you don't have to look at…all these layers start to build up.…I have files that will have upwards of 2-300 layers.…You need to be organized, unless you have to go…scrolling down through all that list.…You put them into nice little groups like that.…Okay, so now, right here is going to be the body.…That's only gonna be one layer,…so we don't have to worry about…putting that into a little group.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.