This course was created and produced by Chris Converse. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Creating Smart Objects from Illustrator
- Creating Photoshop Smart Objects
- Adding effects to Smart Objects
- Duplicating and positioning Smart Objects
- Editing a Smart Object
- Where to go from here
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Chris Converse, and this course, we're going to be taking a look at using smart objects inside of Photoshop to increase your speed and flexibility when creating design compositions. We're going to be creating smart objects out of large JPEG files, out of layers from other Photoshop files, layers in an existing Photoshop file, and even smart objects from the Illustrator files. Once we have our smart objects in place, we're going to be duplicating, scaling, transforming them, and then modifying artwork inside of the smart objects, so that every instance of a smart object can be modified on the canvas.
This is going to greatly increase your speed when creating compositions and modifying compositions based on creative direction or client changes. So I hope this course sound interesting to you, and if so, let's get started.