This video explores how to design with Spot Colors for t-shift designs.
- [Instructor] Spot colors are pre-mixed inks…used instead of, or in addition to, the processed color…or CMYK inks.…Each spot color requires its own separation plate…on the printing press.…If you're using a varnish, this is also considered…a spot color and requires a separate plate.…Here I have two scenarios for working with spot color.…The first will add to your printing bill.…The second will reduce it.…Here's the first example, and here is the second.…
Beginning with the color example,…I would like this to print in five colors.…As well as my CMYK, I'd like to really add a boost…to the yellow petals and to do that,…I'm going to use a neon ink.…Now, we can't see it as neon here onscreen,…but I'm going to specify a neon ink…so that when it's printed, it'll be really bright.…I'm going to come to my Channels panel…and I have a pre-saved Alpha channel.…I'm going to load that as a selection…by Command or Control clicking on its thumbnail.…
Then, come to the Channels panel menu…and choose New Spot Channel.…I'll now click on the color swatch…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.