This video presents an explanation of the following color terms: primaries, secondaries, hue, value, tint, shade, brightness, and saturation.
- [Instructor] Before we begin working with color…in Photoshop, let's define some terms.…Firstly, hue.…Whether we use descriptions like red, green, yellow,…we are describing the hue.…Together with saturation and brightness,…the hue makes up the qualities of a color.…In Photoshop's Color Picker,…which I get to by clicking on the foreground color,…I can move my vertical slider up and down to adjust the hue.…And you can see these numbers changing in the H-S-B,…hue, saturation, and brightness color model,…and the number reflects the angle of the color…around the color wheel.…
The second term is saturation.…Specifically this relates to the purity of the color.…Coming back to the Color Picker,…if I now click into the color field,…when I move to the right, I am increasing the saturation,…and when I move to the left, I am decreasing the saturation.…This is also referred to as the tint of a color.…The third term is brightness,…sometimes referred to as luminance.…This is the perceived intensity…of light or dark in the color.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.