Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Darkening flyaway hairs, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Welcome back.…We need to do some more hair cleanup work.…So let's zoom in on the image.…In particular, I want to deal with all of these little flyaways that I see throughout the image.…So let's create a new layer and we'll do that by way of shortcut, Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC.…Name the layer r4 and we're going to do something kind of tricky here.…We're going to grab our Brush tool, we're going to take our Opacity down to about 50% and we're going to simply paint…with black on top of these flyaways and we can get away with that because we're on a new layer…and because there's a black tuxedo in the background.…
What I want to do is just bring these guys down a little bit.…So you notice that I'm subtly bringing in some darker tones here on top of these flyaway hairs.…Nice thing about this is we have it on its own layer so that if I go too far with this,…I can always lower the opacity of this layer.…You'd be surprised; sometimes simply adding a darker tone on top of content like this can really work for you.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.