Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize basic color management settings, part of Customize Photoshop: A Practical Approach.
- [Voiceover] Okay, in this chapter,…I'm just going to admit it up front,…we're going to be talking about technical things…related to color management and printing,…but don't go to sleep on me.…And I know it's not your most favorite subject,…and frankly it's not mine,…but I've learned over the years…that if I pay a little bit of attention to what I do…with my color management…and how I set up my printing,…my final results are much more what I expect.…So just hang in there with me.…Listen, don't try to do all this all at once, either.…Choose one topic a day.…We've got seven or eight topics here.…Choose one a day, do one a day,…and inside of a week, boom, you'll be done.…
Okay, that's it.…We're going to get started in this particular video…discussing basic color management settings.…And to discuss these technical color management things,…I've brought up this very calming photograph…of Kelly Lake which is in the Skilak Lake country,…which, by the way, all the images…from this particular course I shot around.…One of my favorite areas for hiking and kayaking,…
But if you're like many people, you're so busy using Photoshop that you don't have time to customize it. That's where this course comes in. Photographer and educator Taz Tally presents a practical approach to customizing Photoshop. Set aside a few minutes each day, watch a chapter, and work its insights into your Photoshop routine to help you work faster and smarter, allowing you to devote more time to your creative endeavors. By the end of the course, you'll be on your way to transforming your Photoshop experience—and you won't have missed any deadlines.
- Creating custom workspaces
- Building your own keyboard shortcuts
- Customizing views, tools, and options
- Adjusting import and export options
- Customizing panels: Layers, Adjustments, Histogram, and more
- Managing and synchronizing color settings
- Setting up soft and hard proofing
- Customizing print settings
- Creating Photoshop actions
- Using the Image Processor and actions together to automate exports