Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize Photoshop imports and exports, part of Customize Photoshop: A Practical Approach.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…I'd like to address some of the fundamental…importing, or placement, and exporting workflow options…that photshop offers us.…Let's start by going ahead and launching…our Skilak Sunset image inside of photoshop.…And then, to see where we can control…some of our importing, or placement,…and exporting settings, let's go to preferences…and let's start right off with our general preference.…Now, if you've been following along in this chapter,…you might notice that we've addressed…some of these settings already,…but they bear repeating.…First, right over here underneath resize image during place,…if you are someone who works with a lot of compositing,…that is adding one image to another,…this is a great one to turn on because if you're bringing…images one into another, very often they have different…dimensions and linear resolutions and they tend…to change size or scale when you bring them in.…
So bringing them in and having the option…or they ability to resize them on the fly…rather than having to go to the transform function…
But if you're like many people, you're so busy using Photoshop that you don't have time to customize it. That's where this course comes in. Photographer and educator Taz Tally presents a practical approach to customizing Photoshop. Set aside a few minutes each day, watch a chapter, and work its insights into your Photoshop routine to help you work faster and smarter, allowing you to devote more time to your creative endeavors. By the end of the course, you'll be on your way to transforming your Photoshop experience—and you won't have missed any deadlines.
- Creating custom workspaces
- Building your own keyboard shortcuts
- Customizing views, tools, and options
- Adjusting import and export options
- Customizing panels: Layers, Adjustments, Histogram, and more
- Managing and synchronizing color settings
- Setting up soft and hard proofing
- Customizing print settings
- Creating Photoshop actions
- Using the Image Processor and actions together to automate exports