Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Custom brush tips, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- Now we have learned how to use the different…options here in the Brush window…to design the stroke of the brush tool,…and we've also seen that we can use…different brush tips here from the library.…Now we might ask ourselves…if it isn't possible to create our own brush tips.…And the answer is yes we can.…I will take a very simple brush now…and just make a few random marks here…on the canvas, just a random structure that we can use…as a brush tip.…
Now we have to quickly introduce another tool,…the marquee selection tool.…With that we make a rectangular selection…around our design here,…and this is the area we want to have as our brush tip.…Now go to Edit: Define Brush Preset…and here we can give our new brush tip a Name.…We go back to our Brush tool,…and we will now find our new brush tip…selected here in our Brush Tip library.…
So this is exactly the brush tip…that we have captured.…And it's already working.…We can paint with it.…But we might want to adjust some of the settings…so that it becomes really useful for us.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.