In this video, experiment with the different settings of a Curves adjustment to adjust the color within a selected portion of your image.
- [Instructor] I've created another selection … in what turns out to be a little landscape painting here, … and I want to use this selection to introduce … some sunlight that is hitting my landscape. … And I want to achieve the effect by using an adjustment. … So I go up here to Image, Adjustments, … and the adjustment that I'm looking … for is the Curves adjustment. … The Curves window opens and covers up quite a bit of space … here in our screen, but we will still be able to see … the effect of our adjustment in this portion here. … The Curves adjustment is a little bit … complicated to explain, but I'll do my best … to describe to you how it works. … So, the Curves chart displays the brightness values … that are currently used in our image. … Here at the bottom we see a gradient between black and white … and this horizontal gradient represents … the values that are currently used in our image. … These little columns here show how many pixels … of a specific brightness level exists on our digital canvas. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.