Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Curves, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- [Voiceover] Before I make the next adjustment…I want to change my selection a little bit.…So the first thing I want to do…I want to Inverse it.…Now the ground of my little landscape here is selected.…And I also want to cut…some parts from this selection.…So I'm changing the Lasso tool…to this subtraction mode.…And now I just want to…cut out some shapes…that I don't want to affect with my next adjustment.…
That should do the trick.…And now we go again to Image, Adjustments,…and I now want to use the Curves.…Now with the Curves,…I can change the intensity of the color channels…and in the default setting…I change the intensity of all three color channels,…red, green, and blue.…And this line here is adjustable.…
And what I'm basically doing here is now saying that…in the default position, what is white in my image,…will be white after my adjustment.…Or I guess it's the other way around.…So these are the values of my current state of the image.…And this here is the outcome of my adjustment.…So what this line here says right at the moment…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.