Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Curves adjustment and final image review, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this final movie what I want to do is add some more contrast to the image.…So I'm going to click on the Adjustment Layer icon and choose Curves and here I'm going to do just a good old fashion S curve.…I'm going to brighten up the whites and I'll bring down the blacks and then I want to save my blacks a little bit,…so I'm going to bring up black points so those blacks, I have a little bit more detail on them.…Although I want to go for this real punchy high contrast image I think that looks really nice.…Click OK let's looks it at our before and after.…Here is before and after, zoom in a little bit so we can see that extra added punch and then you will notice…since a last movie I added another layer set and while that last movie was finishing up,…I added some type just so we can pre-visualize how this will look in the magazine.…
Now, this isn't the exact typography for the magazine, yet it's kind of close.…This helps us visualize how this image will actually work on the magazine cover.…Now, let's take a look at all of our progress from start to finish.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.