Chris Mattia teaches you the basics of cropping images in Photoshop to the correct aspect ratio and to improve the overall composition of your teaching and learning assets.
- [Instructor] Cropping your images is perhaps…the fastest way to improve the quality of an image…for a teaching and learning asset.…Cropping is simply the process of trimming a picture down…to an appropriate aspect ratio and then…recompositing the shot to better meet your needs.…So always begin by first thinking about…how you'll use this image.…I'm going to crop this image down to fit a wide screen…slide deck for presentation and with this goal in mind,…grab your crop tool here from your toolbar…or press the C key on your keyboard to call it up.…
Then in the Options bar, click the first drop down menu…to select your target aspect ratio.…There are a lot of options here to choose from…but they're cleanly divided into four separate groups.…The top group are the generic settings for creating…custom crop ratios and for cropping to a specific…width and height pixel dimension at a particular resolution.…Selecting one of those options, you're able to…dial in your specific width and height…and resolution settings here in these fields.…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.