Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Cropping and composing, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Welcome back! We're going to work on this image, copyright mike_colon. Let's go ahead and double-click that file to open it up in Photoshop…qnd then press F twice to go to Full-Screen View Mode, spacebar to reposition the image. A lot of times people will say,…only crop in camera. You shouldn't crop after the fact. Well there are times when you need to crop after the fact…because it can actually make an image stronger, and that's what we're going to do here. Alright, well I'll go ahead and zoom-in on the image …a little bit by pressing Command+plus on Mac, Ctrl+plus on a PC.…
And you can picture the image here, right? You can see that vertical layout and I've added some guides to show you…where we want to crop this image. On a Mac if you press Command+; or on a PC Ctrl+; you can show and hide those guides.…Alright. Well there we have the guides and that's really close to the way the image was cropped, and there are a couple of…different ways that we can crop this image. One simple way is to grab Marquee tool. So let's select the Rectangular Marquee…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.