Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Creative use of the Tiles and Offset filters, part of Photoshop for Designers: Filters.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Here I'm gonna talk about the tiles panel which is part of the stylized filter …group, but more broadly, I'm gonna talk about the issue of tiling and offsets. …As we will see, we can achieve more effective tiling techniques using tools …beyond the tiles filter So let's begin with the Tiles filter which it has to be …said is somewhat underwhelming. It's an older filter, doesn't give us …that many options. Here I have my beginning layer. …I've converted this to a Smart Object. And then I'll come to the filter menu.…
Stylize Tiles. No preview, but here are our options: …number of tiles. So when I say in this case as I am gonna …say, 3. I will get three squares from top to …bottom in my image. So vertically, my image will be divided …into three, all of the tiles will be square. …So horizontally, you will have as many tiles as are porportional to your …vertical height. Maximum offset the maximum amount they …can overlap 25% I'm gonna leave it as that and I'll start out with this option …unaltered image to fill the empty area and that's our result.…
- Understanding the importance of Smart Filters
- Sharpening with filters
- Creative use of filter blend modes
- Painting in the effect of a filter using filter masks
- Combining filters
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Sharpening: What Every Designer Needs to Know
3. Blurring for Effect
4. Artistic Filters
5. Brush Strokes Filters
6. Working with the Distort Filters
7. Effective Use of the Pixelate Filters
8. Using the Render Filters
9. Creative Use of the Sketch Filters
10. Working with the Stylize Filters
11. Using the Texture Filters
13. Applying Camera Raw as a Filter
12. Creative Use of the "Big" Filters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.