Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the wood floor texture, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- In this movie, what we're gong to do…is we're going to concentrate on the floor.…Get in real close on this floor,…it's a wooden floor.…You see it, right there.…Now our floor, it's going to be…even more exaggerated…with different color planks and stuff.…Whereas, these are pretty much even.…Slight variations here and there,…but we're going to make a really nice looking wood floor.…I got a whole new file here called the Wood texture.…What I'm going to do is…in a layer, because I put everything in layer,…I'm going to go in here,…and let's say we have this nice brown color.…
I'm going to through that brown color…right in there like that.…Now, what I'm going to do to that,…I'm going to give it some noise.…Let's say Noise, Add Noise,…and a lot of noise.…Monochromatic's will stay in those browns.…Click okay.…Now, they have that.…I'm going to go in there and apply a filter.…Now, there are many ways of creating with texture.…A nice one is right here.…It's called Fibers.…It only goes one direction,…but it's a certain type of wood.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.