Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the wood floor texture, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- In this movie, what we're gong to do…is we're going to concentrate on the floor.…Get in real close on this floor,…it's a wooden floor.…You see it, right there.…Now our floor, it's going to be…even more exaggerated…with different color planks and stuff.…Whereas, these are pretty much even.…Slight variations here and there,…but we're going to make a really nice looking wood floor.…I got a whole new file here called the Wood texture.…What I'm going to do is…in a layer, because I put everything in layer,…I'm going to go in here,…and let's say we have this nice brown color.…
I'm going to through that brown color…right in there like that.…Now, what I'm going to do to that,…I'm going to give it some noise.…Let's say Noise, Add Noise,…and a lot of noise.…Monochromatic's will stay in those browns.…Click okay.…Now, they have that.…I'm going to go in there and apply a filter.…Now, there are many ways of creating with texture.…A nice one is right here.…It's called Fibers.…It only goes one direction,…but it's a certain type of wood.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.