Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating vivid eye color, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Working with the eyes in a portrait…is a ton of fun.…And so here what I want to do is show you another technique…which uses a couple of adjustment layers…and some masks and blending modes,…in order to look at how we can change…color and brightness in the eyes.…This effect can be used to create realistic looks,…and also something which is a bit more fantastic as well.…Let's zoom in on the image.…And here I'll go ahead and zoom in on the eyes…so we can get up really close…to this area of the photograph.…In this effect, it begins with using hue saturation,…yet we won't use hue saturation…in a typical or ordinary way.…
Rather, we're going to use it with colorize.…And what colorize does is it puts a color…over the entire image.…You can see as I increase the saturation,…I now have one color everywhere.…We can change the color or choose different colors…by using this slider above.…And what I want to do is add a nice, bright blue to the eyes,…and so I'm going to use colorize,…but I'm not going to use it with colorize…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.