Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating rubber, part of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy: Volume 2.
- On a screen right now, you see a little ball.…Could be a little rubber ball and it's just sitting…on a little tabletop, little wall in back.…As you can see right here, the background is just created.…There's a layer for the shadow that has…a little mask to it, and a ball.…What we're gonna do first is create a shape back here.…Just a little cylinder that, in the next few movies,…will change its material.…In this first one, it's going to be…very similar to the ball,…just like a little rubber cylinder.…So what I'm gonna do first is start to create that cylinder.…
I'm gonna go in my paths and there is a path for the ball.…You can see it, there it is.…It was moved a little bit and enlarged,…but there is a path for the ball.…What I'm gonna do, is I'm gonna take…my Elliptical Tool right here,…and I'm gonna create my little cylinder, right here.…It's gonna be behind the ball.…It's gonna be about that big, right there like that.…And when you create something…with these preset shapes,…the properties will automatically pop up.…
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels