Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the reflections on the wood floor, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- So there you see, we have our floor…made up of all those planks that…we created in the last couple of movies.…One we created the wood texture, one we…created the planks, and here we've assembled them.…Now, you'll notice that I've created…a bunch of different layers here.…Let's bring this up here, so you can see more.…And let's start to turn 'em off.…I put a black in back and there's one set of planks…right there, so we'll start turning them on.…You can see that each one has different sets…just so that they can all fit together…without having to have any overlaps.…
All their little effects will work as well, and so on.…So now, what I'm going to do is…I'm gonna take this and put it in the third dimension.…Now there's a couple of ways of doing this.…Now, I'm gonna show you one quick way…and right now, way up on top here,…what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna say,…right on top of this guy, I'm gonna hold…down my option key and say merge visible.…Now if I say merge visible without the option key,…let's see what happens.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.