Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a new item, part of Photoshop CS5 for Video Editors.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Much of the time, when you're working in Photoshop, you're going to be using …existing elements, existing graphics and photos, and video clips. …But you may need to make a new item as well, and it's very straightforward. …Here, I've got Photoshop up and running. I'm going to click on the File > New. …And here, I've got some preset sizes. Now, you'll notice that there are lots of …presets based on papers. So, you put US paper sizes, international …paper sizes. We've also, though, got web and mobile devices. …And below that, I've got film and video. Now, the top here, I can name the file …but actually I can name it when I save later, if I want to.…
But let's say I'm going to call this Opening Title, or something like that. …So, under my presets now, I've got different sizes of video, I've got HD, …and so on. But I can also punch in my own numbers. …Now, you'll notice that if I set the preset to a paper format, I get millimeters. …This width measurement is giving me inches, centimeters, but pixels is what I …
- Color modes, pixel shapes, and interlacing
- Working with prebuilt templates
- Understanding layers
- Using Smart Objects
- The alpha channel
- Working with video in Photoshop
- Using Photoshop documents in video editing applications
- Working with adjustment layers, text, and layer styles
- Color grading controls in Photoshop
- Using Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Introducing Adobe Photoshop
2. Color Modes, Pixel Shapes, and Interlacing
3. Working with Prebuilt Templates
4. Layers and Layer Groups
5. The Alpha Channel
6. Working with Video in Photoshop
7. Using Photoshop Documents in Video Editing Applications
8. Working with Adjustment Layers, Text, and Layer Styles
9. Color Grading Controls in Photoshop
10. Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Merging images5m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.