Mike Rankin reviews the process of creating a new document preset in Photoshop to reuse for specific project needs. He shows how to create a preset for quickly creating web images with specific pixel dimensions and RGB color profile.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we'll review the process … of creating a New Document Preset in Photoshop … to reuse for specific project needs. … I'll start by pressing Command or Control + N … to get the New Document dialog box, and in here, … I'm going to set up the options I want for my preset … by starting with an existing preset … and then making some tweaks. … So, let's say that I create images for a website … as part of my job, and each day, … I need to make an image that's featured on the homepage, … and that image is 900 pixels wide by 550 pixels tall. … So I'll start by clicking on the Web presets … and change the width and height to 900 by 550. … The orientation is automatically set to landscape … and each image will be a separate piece of work … so I don't need Artboards. … I'll click to turn that off. … The resolution is not important to me, … only the number of pixels in the image, … so I'll just leave it at 72 PPI. … RGB, 8 bit color is fine, … and a white background is fine also. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.