Join Emily Kay for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating navigation elements, part of Photoshop for Web Design.
- [Narrator] Creating efficient and compelling navigation…for your website project is an important…and sometimes challenging decision.…Since the navigation is the hub of all the inner…activity that's going to take place on your website,…it's extremely important that you consider…how the navigation is going to be used,…how it's going to look and how it's going to function.…The complexity of the navigation is going to vary…from project to project.…When you're coming up with your design comps…you want to make sure that the navigation is well designed…and will provide direction for your developer.…
Depending on the complexity or simplicity of the navigation,…many of the elements may be created with CSS.…If we take a look at this file right here,…you can see that my navigation is primarily text based.…I really don't need to provide…any sort of graphics for my developer.…They're going to create all of this with CSS.…So, this file would simply provide direction…as to the colors, the position, the font things like that.…
- Setting up workspaces and artboards
- Using libraries
- Responsive design tips and tricks
- Setting breakpoints
- Creating navigation elements
- Creating textures and backgrounds
- Embedding or linking smart objects
- Making custom templates
- Creating reusable UI elements
- Saving and exporting for the web
- Using Generator
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Set Up Your Project
2. Design Responsively
5. Image Considerations
6. Export Assets for Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.