Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the marquee light bulb, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- So now what we're going to do is,…create the bulb that goes into this little socket.…Now, just to be really accurate on it,…I'm gonna go in here and say command r…to bring up my ruler so I can pull out a guide.…I'm gonna place it right about the center…of our little hole in there, just like that.…All right. So now I can get rid of rulers.…We don't need them.…And I'm gonna go in here and start to create my shapes.…So let me first go into the Paths,…and let's select this one path right there,…go in there and select ...…It's in this one, there it is.…
Let's select this path and copy it.…And now I'm gonna paste it, I'm gonna shrink it down.…Command t, and shrink it down just a little bit,…like that, like there like that.…And I'll move it up a little bit, just a touch.…Okay, maybe a little more. All right.…So it's a little raised from the surface.…That's inside there. Click OK.…This is going to be the little base of our light bulb.…And then, right here, we're gonna create the bulb itself.…So I'm gonna come way down here…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.