Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the marquee light bulb base, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- What we're going to do now…is look at how these little light bulbs here were created.…These tiny little light bulbs.…A lot of stuff that went into them,…so let's see how they were crated.…Got a brand new file here,…and like most things,…I start off by creating paths.…I'm going to get my ellipse tool,…because right down here what I'm going to do is…create the little base for the light bulb.…Now if we're looking straight on,…we would see that base as a circle.…We're looking at them at an angle,…so what I'm going to do is create a little ellipse,…about like that.…There's a little ellipse.…
Now what I'm going to do is I'm going to…get my selection tool here.…I'm going to hold down my option key…to make a copy of it and drag it straight up like that.…There we go.…There you see what we've done.…We got this little shape down here.…Now, we've got this curvature right here,…we don't want that.…What I'm going to do is I'm going to get…my direct selection tool,…so I can select that one point right there,…and I'm going to hit delete.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.