Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating marble, part of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy: Volume 2.
- View Offline
- What's gonna happen now is we're gonna take this…rough concrete and we're gonna turn it into a nice…polished Italian marble.…So to think before I'm gonna…create a little selection right there…and in a new layer on top of the whole thing,…right up there,…I'm gonna fill it with some color.…Let's just fill it with some black for now,…and right there, white, doesn't matter.…I'm gonna keep that black,…but for the white, I'm gonna pick a nice green.…Nice deep green like that.…What I'm gonna do in here is I'm gonna give it a filter.…That filter is going to be Clouds, Render Clouds.…
Now I want you to notice something for a second here.…I give it Clouds and there we see the clouds.…Notice the black and the green, let me undo that.…This time I'm gonna hold down my option key…and say Render Clouds…and you'll see that, there,…you see how the contrast,…green is brighter and black is deeper.…So you get more contrast once I added…that little modification key.…So here we go,…I'm going in here and apply another filter.…Under the same heading, Render, I'm gonna say…
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels