Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the label, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- [Narrator] To make this label fit the can,…we'll first go into free transform.…And then we'll press the image morph button…up here on the options bar,…and that will give us our distortion grid.…Let's grab each of the corner handles…and move them to the correct place on this can.…
Now, let's grab these handles at the top…and drag these down,…to get the shape of the top of the can.…We'll just do it approximately at first.…When we do these bottom handles,…you can see that it actually gets quite difficult…to get them in exactly the right place.…We then need to bring the middle of the grid down…so just click in the middle of it and drag,…and that moves the whole grid down vertically.…
Let's grab these corner handles…that go up the side of the can…and move those in so they do indeed…point along the edges of this can.…The problem we've got here…is this can is a cylindrical object,…so as the grid goes around the edges,…these squares should look narrower…and wider at the front.…So, we can pull this back…on both sides, using these top handles.…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 53m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.