Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the grill path, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- In this movie what we're gonna look at…is the little grill down here, we're gonna create…this basic little grill.…So now, what I'm about to do can be done…in Photoshop, but it's much easier in Illustrator.…So I'm gonna do it in Illustrator.…So, we look at this, and we have this little cap…in the middle here, and we're have…one, two, three, four, five, six little rings.…Okay, so, let's go in here, lemme go to Illustrator.…That's where I'm gonna create this.…So I'm gonna do, is I'm gonna create…a circle, so I go in here to my…little Ellipse Tool, and I'm gonna hold down…my Option key and my Shift key…to constrain it to draw from the center out…and the Shift key will constrain it to a perfect circle.…
So I'll draw a little circle like that.…Now it's filled with white with a black outline,…those don't matter 'cause really what I'm gonna concentrate…is the paths, so I'm gonna press Command Y…to bring me into Artwork mode.…See, so now I just see the path itself, 'cause that's what…I'm going to use in Photoshop to create the final piece.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.