Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the grill face, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- So, in the last movie we created these paths…and we brought them into Photoshop.…So, we're going to now use these paths…to turn it into a grill.…Now, we'll go to my Paths, and save it,…right off the bat.…Let's save those, so we can use them.…Alright, so, now,…here's what's going to happen next.…So, this is going to be the center plate,…this little guy here,…so we'll select this guy right there…and let's switch to black for our foreground color.…We'll go to our Layers…and we'll create a layer right here.…And this will be the center plate.…
Center.…And we take that path and fill it with black.…There we go.…So, now, we're going to take…all these other paths.…So go in here, and start to select…these paths.…These are the two cross bars…that we saw in the grill.…So go to my Layers,…and behind the center,…I'm going to create Cross Bars.…And I get my pen tool,…or rather my paint brush,…and I'm going to get a nice, hard edge brush.…
Right there.…I'm going to visually size that…I want these little bars to have,…about, that's a good size right there.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.