Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating glass, part of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy: Volume 2.
- View Offline
- So in this the final of the materials series,…what we're going to do is take this chrome…and turn it into glass.…Now there are quite a few things I'm going…to have to change to make it look like glass.…You might say, "well just bring down the transparency."…Well that alone is not going to work.…Now if you're starting from scratch,…some of these things might not have to be changed,…but right here, what we're going to do is…we are going to have to make some changes in certain things.…So what I'm going to do first of all…with the body right here.…I've still got the transparency locked,…I'll give it a very, kind of a mid-gray.…Go ahead and fill it with that mid-gray.…
There you see it happen.…That lightened up also, before it was black…and I brought down the opacity for the reflection,…we kind of saw through it there.…So now, watch what's going to happen.…I'm going to take that body and bring down its opacity.…Now, you see what's happened right off the bat?…See what happened to my reflections?…They kind of got softer, including the highlight.…
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels