Mike Rankin shows the basics of working with swatches in Photoshop, including how to create and apply them, plus how to work with spot color libraries like PANTONE and Trumatch.
- [Instructor] Let's go over what you should know … about color swatches for the Photoshop ACA exam. … In our exercise file, let's say that our boss … really liked this yellow color that we used … for this sun graphic in the bottom right corner, … and she wanted us to use it in the magazine title … and in other places, including other Photoshop documents. … This is a great time to create a color swatch. … So to see what that yellow color is, … we can go to the Layers panel … and double-click the shape layer. … This brings up the Color Picker, … and we can see the color value and add it to Swatches. … I'll call this Sun Yellow. … And note that we have the option to save it … to a Creative Cloud library, … which would make it easy to use the same color … in other Adobe applications like Illustrator and InDesign, … and to share it with our colleagues as well. … I don't need that now, so I won't select that option. … And I'll click OK, and then OK again … to close the Color Picker. … And then I'll open the Swatches panel. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.